Best Way To Use WaveWear
When first trying WaveWear, we recommend to start with an hour and gradually increase usage time.
This is because the adhesive silicone taping initially feels awkward on the skin and takes some time to get used to.
It is the same as how it takes time to get comfortable in new shoes.
Please take in-between breaks when using for longer than 5 hours to give your skin time to rest.
We recommend moisturizing because although the adhesive silicone is skin-safe and medical grade, it can still cause chafing and lead to irritation, especially on dry skin.
Moisturizing and giving the skin time to rest in between using it for long hours helps prevent and minimize this.
If your skin flares up even if you have moisturized and followed the usage time, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will provide help.
When you first receive WaveWear, the adhesiveness is the strongest so it does fade a bit because of micro-dust.
Washing can restore the adhesiveness by cleaning off the dust.
However if you feel like washing isn't helping as much we recommend dry cleaning.
Also, rather than having the dust sit on the adhesive silicone, washing it as soon as you can after using it helps to restore the adhesiveness better.
The best way to know whether the adhesiveness is still intact is by feeling it lifting your skin when taking off WaveWear, rather than when touching the silicone by hand.
For washing, you can either handwash or wash by machine.
- Handwash by rubbing on the silicone in lukewarm water using neutral detergent, focusing on wiping off dust on the silicone.
- Or machine wash with the silicone on the inside. We recommned to wash with similar colors and use a mesh laundry net.
When drying/storing the product, please keep it with the silicone facing inward to prevent dust accumulating.
For Sleeve Products
1. Turn WaveWear Sleeve inside out.
2. Hold the sleeve upside down, and put the smaller end in first.
3. Pull the sleeve up and turn it right side out, so that the bigger end is now on the top.
4. Adjust the sleeve so the built-in silicone taping fits the right area of your body.
For Leggings Products
1. Put your foot all the way through each pant of the leggings.
Do not drag the pant up your leg as the adhesive silicone will interfere.
2. Place the U-shaped taping on the centr of the knee.
3. One the knee taping is in place, adjust the calf and thigh taping as well.
4. Make sure there are no wrinkles on the taping area.